Brunch is the best weekend activity. The delicious breakfast food, soft egg yolks, and sunny outdoor patios are irresistible. It’s no wonder brunch is so popular!
As we were searching for some at-home brunch inspiration, we decided to flip through some of the cookbooks on our store shelves. Hero Food by Seamus Mullen came to the rescue with his recipe for Eggs and Romesco Sauce. When we saw that it suggested serving the Romesco and eggs with toast, it immediately sounded like a Spanish take on the classic “Eggs and Soldiers” breakfast. Nothing like spicing up an old classic!
Seamus suggests using soft boiled eggs, but we were crunched on time, so we fried them. Seamus also offers a recipe for Romesco sauce and we can attest that it’s absolutely delicious. Find the Romesco recipe in his cookbook, and pick up some ñoras from Despaña. To save even more time, we used ready-to-eat Rosara Romesco sauce. Luckily, we have them stocked on our shelves. Rosara’s products are small-batch and just like home cooking.
We were so hooked on this delicious medley of Spanish brunch flavors that we bundled together some of the most essential ingredients. You can buy the cookbook, Rosara Romesco Sauce, and Finca la Torre Extra-Virgin Olive Oil at our online store here, or you can drop by our store in Soho to grab everything for your Spanish brunch. Regularly, these items sold seperately would total $71.25, but we’re offering everything for just $55. The bundle includes:
Hero Foods cookbook
Rosara Romesco Sauce
Finca la Torre Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
To make our Spanish take on brunch, scroll below for the recipe.
Five-Minute Eggs with Romesco
Adapted from Hero Foods. Reprinted with permission.
Makes: 6 halves
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Rosara Romesco sauce (or make Seamus Mullen’s recipe from scratch)
- 1 tablespoon Finca la Torre Organic Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Bevia Mediterranean Course Sea Salt
- A few sprigs fresh parsley
- Beverages (5)
- Books (8)
- Fish Specialties (25)
- Gift Cards & Baskets (5)
- Iberico & Hams (6)
- Imported Cheese (23)
- Kitchenware (1)
- Olive Oils & Vinegars (20)
- Olives, Almonds & Snacks (19)
- Pasta (0)
- Rice & Paella Essentials (15)
- Saffron & Spices (17)
- Specialty Meats (19)
- Spreads & Sauces (19)
- Sweets & Fruit Preserves (36)
- Tortilla (2)
- Turron & Holiday Specialties (22)
- Vegetables & Legumes (34)
Top Rated Products
Despaña Brand Mini Chorizo
Rated 5.00 out of 5$12.50
- Rosara Artichoke Delights in Olive Oil $10.80
- Cabo De Peñas Small Sardines with Piquillo Peppers $5.60
- El Lobo Chocolate Truffles with Orange $5.50
- Montegrato Pedro Ximenez Sherry Vinegar 16 Years $16.85
- Our Twitter feed is currently unavailable but you can visit our official twitter page @despanaNYC.