Jamón Carving Master Class
Imagine you are the master carver!
Jamón carving is a tradition so ingrained in a Spaniard’s heart that finding a leg of ham on a kitchen counter is the norm. Sharing and savoring it at celebrations is expected. We, at Despaña, say Ole to that idea! This is why we are committed to offering our Jamón Carving Master Class. Our way of translating the Spanish style love for authentic bone-in jamón here in NY. Under our tutelage, you will learn the basics to feel comfortable at home slicing your own mouthwatering, delicate, luscious slivers of carefully aged meat.
The Despaña team, in collaboration with expert ham carvers from Fermin, Raul Martin and Cristina Garcia will walk you through the step by step art of carving a beautiful Serrano ham. Over the course of two hours, ‘trainees’ will engage in hands-on instruction with these master carvers in the heart of "Spain NYC", Despaña SoHo.
Here’s the deal, or as we like to call it “The Steal”
The class price is $400 (valued at $600) This includes:
1) An entire Fermin Serrano bone-in ham (approx. 18 lbs) for you to carve and take home!
2) Carving knife
3) Ham stand
5) Cloth cover to protect your delicious ham
6) Carry bag, so your ham can go with you to any party or event of your choosing!
7) Instructional DVD (in case you forget what the master carvers say)
8) Wine pairing with Spanish cheeses (we love pairings, like many things It’s better shared and paired!)
9) And let’s not forget… Hands on ham carving instruction!!!
Despaña SoHo (Fine Foods & Tapas Café)
408 Broome Street New York, NY 10013
Phone: 212.219.5050 Fax: 212.219.5060